Some Clean Teeth!


Six months sure does fly by! It seems like it was just yesterday that we were at the dentist but the Bigs and I were off to get another check-up and teeth cleaning. Jeff had a meeting, so I left the Littles with my folks and we were off. I am so thankful that the Bigs are so well behaved when we go places. They were great during my teeth cleaning. (I could never have taken Z- at least at this stage- and not had an adult there to keep tabs on him and make sure he wasn't getting into trouble.) When it was their turn, Joe volunteered to go first and get his teeth "all shiny" and he did a great job!
Ali Jane couldn't wait to get into the dentist chair. When our dentist was checking Joe's teeth she kept whispering to me, "Is it my turn yet?" "When will it be my turn?" "Can I go now?" As soon as the hygienist was done cleaning Joe's teeth, Ali Jane jumped into the chair and sat there just like this waiting for her to clean up from Joe, fill out paper work, etc.
She even kept her mouth open for a bit before anyone was even near her mouth which I found funny. While I was chuckling to myself, I began to wonder why so many people complain about going to the dentist when I don't seem to mind it. Then I concluded it's because I have never had any problems with my teeth. (I did have one cavity when I was in third grade but that's been it.) Hopefully the Bigs will keep this great attitude about going to the dentist and keep up their parents' tradition of problem-free visits! After getting their 'treats' and having no x-rays this visit, I'm sure they will be eager to go again next February. Zach will be joining the Bigs at the next apt. I was in no rush after Ali Jane's first visit. This may be our last problem-free visit. ("Problem free" when it comes to behavior that is...)

Comments

  1. Yes it is fun when nothing is wrong. Hopefully they will keep up with the good check-ups.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They did really great at the dentist! Yeah, it's easy to have no problem going when everything is pretty good with your teeth. I know I'm glad I have had many problems besides a few cavities when I was younger. Oh yeah, and I had a tooth that was in my nerve that got pulled. That wasn't such a good experience as a kid b/c they didn't numb it good!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!