Today in church...

It seems we rarely go to church as a family anymore. Jeff is one of the worship leaders, so often I am solo in the congregation with the kids. (My mom is usually there too.) Today Jeff was 'off' so we were able to sit and worship together as a family. It was nice. I had had a rough week- with some added melancholy- missing my Andrew more than usual. It was great to be in that place- with all I love surrounding me. I felt refreshed- happy. We were singing and I was connecting with God with thoughts of how truly blessed we were. The kids were great and I was really able to focus...
I should have known that silence (even in church) is never a 'great thing' because in the middle of one of the songs, Ali Jane whispered to me, "Mom, Zach is coloring on himself." Let's just say that Jeff and I looked at each other- smiles spread across our faces- hearts full. My sadness and melancholy left me.
God is good- and perhaps he has blessed us with a future tattoo artist...
I'll let the rest of the pictures speak for themselves.




Comments

  1. I will have to come back to this post over and over when I need a good laugh! I can still picture all the people pointing and laughing as Zach ran around after the service! What a funny boy you have! I think he brightened everyone's day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! That's such a familiar sight to me. Too bad my couch now looks like that too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY Goodness. Soooo typical of that age. I love the nametag:) Glad you now have some time to breathe. Hope to see you crew this summer. Hugs, Grandma Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so funny!!! Kyndra today drew all over her baby doll's head with crayon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH No!!! What a cutie!!! I think he was thinking about doing it again! Heehee!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zach is too cute. You always know when they're quiet they're up to something...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope it washed off. How cute, you just have to laugh :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, what can I say. You know me. I love the creativity displayed! Maybe he will be painting faces at carnivals and such. LOL
    Ronda

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!