

Jodi was my best friend in college and the reason I met Jeff. She is also Ali Jane's Godmother, which is why she is referred to as "Auntie Jodi". She met her fiance', Randy, at a party we stopped at after she and our best man picked us up from the airport after our honeymoon. Now, nine years later, we are getting ready for her to become a "Mrs." and today we celebrated at her bridal shower.

Jodi and Randy will be getting married on a beach and so the decor was all related to the beach. Everything was so creatively put together! Randy's mom also made a beautiful cake which Ali Jane said was DELICIOUS! (I passed on the sweets since we had a yummy polish lunch that left me stuffed!) Jodi and Randy got many wonderful gifts and I think that Ali Jane is suddenly excited at the thought of one day being a bride and getting 'showered' with gifts. (When I first told her that we were going to a "shower" for Auntie Jodi she looked at me a little funny...)

Though Ali Jane tends to be on the shy side, she is CRAZY about her Auntie Jodi and her Auntie Jodi is crazy about her! Ali Jane will be the ONLY person in the wedding party! That's right! Ali Jane will be the flower girl and I am PRAYING that she will be sweet and smiley and lovely but you never know which Ali Jane will show up for different events. She has been practicing walking with flowers and was very excited when Auntie Jodi gave her this 'Flower Girl' shirt. I am starting to think that she is going to do a great job!

I've also decided that I need to always have Ali Jane come with me to showers because she must be my good luck charm. They had the cutest bucket centerpieces (I think mine got a little disheveled from the ride home) surrounded by shells. We were told to look in the shells and the person who found the 'diamond ring' in the shell would win the centerpiece and guess who won it???? Yup. ME! (And I never win anything!!!!)

I was shocked at how much was in the bucket when I unpacked its contents at home. (Hand soap, two candles, two chocolate bars, a bottle of white
zin, two glasses, and a cute ladybug and butterfly that I could put on my screens! (And we all know how I feel about the butterfly...) It was a wonderful afternoon and now I must get to work. I collected all the ribbons and bows to make her "
bouquet" when we practice on the beach in a few weeks! Can't wait!
Can't wait to see pictures of the little flower girl! We were at my brother's shower last weekend and Annie won the centerpiece prize. Our girls must be lucky!
ReplyDeleteI like the cake table!
ReplyDeleteHow exciting for Ali Jane, she will be perfect and so special being the only one! Looks like it was a great shower & the wedding sounds perfect. Love the gift that you won!
ReplyDelete