Play Ball!

I come from a baseball family- and love that the Bigs are going to be starting their first season of "organized sports." (I wanted to hold off on all of that until they were in public school- but since Al and Joe are so close, she's going to start with him...) It will be interesting because they are used to hitting from being pitched to- not from a "T". The Bigs missed their first T-ball practice because we were out of town and their next practice was cancelled because of rain- but we have been practicing. Joe has a great swing and though he is a lefty, he bats right... (not the greatest of combos) and Ali Jane swings left and throws right (a better combo) and well Zach... he's a switch hitter right now. He did a good job keeping up with the Bigs. Jonasen has been doing great with grounders and flies and the amazing thing to me is that if he goes on the ground for something (he's going to be a diver and slider for sure) he'll throw back the ball from his knees and almost always hit me right in the chest. It was awesome! Next year Ali Jane will be able to start softball in the same league that I grew up in and I am so excited. I have a feeling she's going to show those boys that girls can play too.
As for Sean, he had a great time watching his sibs run around and the way he moves his chubby little legs it will be no time before he's running to catch up- but for now, he's going to be joining us from the stands- cheering on the Bigs. I can't wait to see how they do!

Comments

  1. Laura-
    That boy has a solid swing for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! That was a great HIT!! I loved reading about your trip to Disney world!! Seems like ya'll had a great trip!! Are you back at school this week?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for baseball!!!!! You know that they are going to do awesome! And Yes, Ali will show those boys how to play! And let the running begin! Are they playing Lakes? How fun!!! Toni :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!! Can't wait to get back on the bleachers. Love the videos - looks like Zach's ready, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They all did such a great job. You are going to be so busy from now on each year with their sports. I'll say a prayer :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! Ed can't WAIT for Kyle and the rest of the crew to play baseball too :-) We could probably field a whole team with our crews!

    Sounds like you had a GREAT time in FL...what great memories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a surprise for you if you read my blog from today (Friday) Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you will have to let me know when and where they play....i would love to come and watch...brings back memories of my kids playing...<3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!