Brown is just not her color...


I remember when Joe first got his bat. He was so excited about it he took a nap with it! Ali Jane has been holding her own with those boys and so today I let her get her very own bat. She was thrilled and couldn't wait to try it out with dad! She must have hit that ball and ran the bases a hundred times and wasn't very happy when it got too dark to play! Of course her brothers came out too, which meant she also got some throwing and catching practice. (And yes! The girl can catch too!)
When we got her bat, Ali Jane spied a pink baseball glove and she told me that she needed a pink glove because brown was 'not her color'. Ali Jane reminds me a lot of myself growing up... I loved my jazz, tap and ballet classes but when it came to choosing between continuing to compete in dance or travel with the softball girls... I chose the bat! And I wonder what path Al will choose- there just aren't enough hours in the day for a princess who likes to climb trees...
And a side note- Ali Jane got out her piggy bank and she's ready to part with her hard earned cash. We counted her coins and she placed just the right amount she needed in her purse... tomorrow after church she'll be making her biggest purchase yet- a pink baseball glove! (Because brown is just not her color...)



Comments

  1. you go girl!! Can't wait to see the glove!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff sure got his exercise, didn't he? Way to go, Al!!! I will be coming to watch you play some time for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pink is it for sure! Love it Laura and can't wait to see the choice she makes on the glove. This always puts a smile on my face. Thank you!
    Ronda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness Laura - so unbelievably cute. "There's just not enough time in the day for a princess who likes to climb trees" - SO true!!!!! Go little Ali Jane with your flower bat and pink glove ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. pink and purple gloves here too! Emma picked travel soccer over dance academy, hooray! Go Ali Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She sure can hit that ball far! Love her new bat, it's so cute.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!