Guess who's old???

I love my dad- (who now is called Papa thanks to me...and I guess Danny too but I got him that name first...) His birthday was today and I was so happy that he got to have dinner with all of us! It was a crazy "Day with the Dorans"- It began with Jeff having practice at church, I had to run to the post office, then to a dear friend's baby shower, then the Bigs had practice, then Ali Jane had a birthday party and FINALLY we made it to dinner with Papa.
I love that Sean shares a birthday with my Grandpa Jonasen and Zach came very close to sharing his birthday with his Papa- being born just the day before. Zach doesn't like to eat much but he sure loves his milk. He was drinking out of a cup (without a lid) a little after he turned one and we nicknamed him Darth Vador because he literally keeps the cup up to his mouth the entire time- breathing between swallows (sounding like Darth). Our little drinker was very comfy sharing a drink at the local pub.
It was great to see my brother and God-daughter, Maddy. She has a big birthday around the corner too. She grows every time I see her and now is sporting some teeth!! Her hair is getting lighter I think- and CURLY! What a lucky lady. She must get those from her mom... no curls come from this side of the family, that is for sure! She loves watching Joey and he had her laughing out loud by doing almost nothing.
Before we left I had the handmade cards and we were going to get balloons and jelly beans (Joe's pick) for Papa on the way. Unfortunately, Sean spit up on me literally right before we left so I had to change and so I forgot EVERYTHING in my rush. (Papa said he didn't want anything... but a baseball he was bidding on... it went for over 700 bucks- he said he didn't want it THAT badly- so I think treating him to dinner, jelly-beans and homemade cards was just fine!) I think actually he had the best gifts surrounding him anyway. I over-heard him telling the Bigs how cool it was to have his kids AND his grand kids all around one table. Happy Birthday Papa!!! I love you Dad!

Comments

  1. I think my parents would say the same about having kids and grandkids all together. Happy Birthday to your dad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay I said happy birthday to your day!
    Happy Birthday to your DAD....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!