Ruby's New Friends
Even before we looked at any of the possible animals, Joe had it in his head he would have a blue bear (He is all things blue-) and Zach decided he would have a yellow (He is all things yellow)- After choosing their animals they actually stuffed them and chose a heart to go into the animals. (I say animals because Zach got a duck... not a bear.) They put the heart on their heads to make sure the 'animal' would be smart and also gave it a kiss before sewing the heart inside.
Once they were done stuffing their friends, they were off to clean them- and Ruby got a good cleaning too. I think this was actually a good move on Al's part. She stripped Ruby's matching yellow outfit off of her and insisted she get a new outfit. I agreed (knowing that she would want to get something new for Ruby) but held my ground that the girl did NOT need any more new shoes. (Point for me!)
After the baths, Ali Jane helped her brothers choose outfits for Ruby's new friends. Joe opted for some Tiger's gear and Zach... well Zach decided that instead of the duck he had, he wanted the one on the display so we took the outfit put it on Zach's duck and did an old switch-a-roo and Zach thought he had the display duck... minus the shoes... (He doesn't care about shoes anyway...)

In fact, Zach was more into the computers where the animals' birth certificates were made. He typed on three separate computers. Joe created his bear's certificate and named him "Jack" after the character "Jack" in the Magic Tree House books that we've been reading. (He had a hard time choosing a name.) Zach had no problems choosing a name for his duck. In true Zach fashion when we asked him what we should call his duck he looked at us as if we were morons... "Duck" (duh!?) So Duck it was/is.
Sean was a dream on the trip and after we left we went to McDonald's for a pop! (aka dessert) and my mom and I smiled as the kids sang "Happy Birthday" to Jack and Duck. Joe has already memorized Jack's birthday and he and Ali Jane have talked about what their new friends will do tomorrow. It was an expensive adventure- (I dropped nearly 100 bucks!) but we had a wonderful time. And Build-a-Bear threw in 'free' Easter baskets and candy...

Over the years, Ruby has accumulated quite a few fancy duds and Joe was a bit concerned that Jack had nothing to wear to bed. I told him that perhaps Jack could just sleep naked... "Mom! He'll be cold!" So I went in Sean's drawers and pulled out some of his clothes! Instant pajamas for Jack! I have a feeling that he will sleep soundly, as will Ruby- at least I hope they will- I have a feeling Jonasen and Ali Jane have some big plans for them in the morning!
In fact, Zach was more into the computers where the animals' birth certificates were made. He typed on three separate computers. Joe created his bear's certificate and named him "Jack" after the character "Jack" in the Magic Tree House books that we've been reading. (He had a hard time choosing a name.) Zach had no problems choosing a name for his duck. In true Zach fashion when we asked him what we should call his duck he looked at us as if we were morons... "Duck" (duh!?) So Duck it was/is.
Over the years, Ruby has accumulated quite a few fancy duds and Joe was a bit concerned that Jack had nothing to wear to bed. I told him that perhaps Jack could just sleep naked... "Mom! He'll be cold!" So I went in Sean's drawers and pulled out some of his clothes! Instant pajamas for Jack! I have a feeling that he will sleep soundly, as will Ruby- at least I hope they will- I have a feeling Jonasen and Ali Jane have some big plans for them in the morning!
That is so cute. I just love Build-A-Bear and am so tempted to make me one. They use to have a giraffe and if I see one again I will be making me one! Sounds like the trip to the mall was a good one. The pictures are perfect.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun day for them!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun day for the Doran's... we too love that place
ReplyDeleteThose pictures alone are worth $100! My kids play with their animals and clothes all the time.
ReplyDelete