Palm Sunday

Our church has two campuses and today, (Palm Sunday) Jeff was leading worship at the campus that we don't normally attend and I like when we worship together as a family- but I really wanted to go to the service we usually attend because this 'Chalk Guy' Ben Glenn was going to be giving the message. So I did something crazy- I took all four kids to TWO church services-SOLO. The first one (where Jeff was) was rough. Sean got hungry during the sermon and there really wasn't a private place to nurse so I sat in the lobby next to a great guy I know- and hopefully didn't offend him by feeding Sean. (I am so discreet though I'm sure he didn't mind...) and then Sean had a BLOW OUT diaper- that paired with palms (Z enjoyed hitting his sibs) made for a long Sunday morning- but I decided to go to the second campus anyway. Jeff had to 'tear down' the music stuff so I again went solo.
Thankfully my mom was there (with GREAT-NAN!!!!) but I didn't really need her. Sean slept the entire service and all the kids opted to stay (they normally go to Children's Church) to see the 'Chalk Guy' and even Z did a great job- Ben Glenn really was amazing and I don't imagine there was a dry eye in the house- but one of the cutest things was while he was drawing, Ali Jane leaned close to me and said, "Mom, I think that God gave that guy the gift of drawing. I think he needs to give me a book and teach me so I can teach my friends at school." It was quite sweet. Ali Jane does love to draw and write and most of what she draws is pictures of people like the ones shown above. (She wasn't quite sure how to spell Daddy and Sean so she left them out of the above picture). I'm sure that God gave Ali Jane many gifts- I'm so excited to be along to watch her develop all of them! As we know, "God doesn't make mistakes!"

Comments

  1. That was very brave of you. I think it was important to go to both services. That chalk guy is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great drawing by Miss Ali Jane! And you are so so brave to take them all by yourself...to TWO services! You go girl! I'm going to look at the chalk man link right now...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!