Jesus' last name is...

Today I took the bigs and the littlest to see my Nan. (Zach was still sick and so we decided he should stay home.) My Nan is finally home from having her hip replaced and doing great. Because her memory isn't the best, she has signs all over the place reminding her that she just had surgery, she can't walk without a walker, where she is... etc. Jonasen was amazing today. He was reading all of her signs and he was blowing us away with how well he was reading! Then he saw this little plaque that she has that says, "Jesus." He said with a smile, "I know what that says. It says, Jesus. Do you know what Jesus' last name is?" Curious as to what he would say I said, "No. What?" "His last name is Doran!" A smile crept over my face as I asked him why he thought that. He said, "Well, he's part of our family." I told Joe that yes, Jesus was indeed a part of our family but he should also be a part of every one's family and so he doesn't really need a 'last name' we can just call him Jesus. Jeff laughed out loud when I told him the story and he said he wished that he would always remember the story. I told him, I'd do one better and record it here.

Comments

  1. Love this one! I meant to tell you this story- Annie told me our babies were in heaven with that boy. I couldn't think who she meant, then I asked, you mean Jesus? Yep, that boy! Your faith inspires me, I hope my kids are half as religious as your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha... love it, love kids and their thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great story and great drawing! Glad to hear Nan is doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great one!!!! That boy is such a deep thinker...gotta love it! Elyse the other day asked how we could "get a hold of God" to ask him a question!!! Oh if only it were that easy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of the cutest things I have ever heard. I will share this one today with others. Love your writing and glad to hear Nan is feeling better. Hugs to all.
    Grandma Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a precious story. How sweet of him to want Him to have his last name because He is part of your family. What a beautiful job you and your husband are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is hilarious, but beautiful--Joe gets how personal, close and intimate a relationship with Jesus is! He is being taught that Jesus looks out for him and loves him even MORE than his family!!! Just what is intended!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute! I love how he said that Jesus was a part of your family. :) He's got it right!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!