Kalamazoo- Moving Ali & Adventures #7, & #8
It was the end of an era for Ali but I think that she didn't feel it as much as I did. We moved her out of her "Apartment" which was more like a house (that's her bedroom window up top). She lived there with five other girls and to be honest, I was impressed they lasted as long as they did. Four of them decided they wanted to live elsewhere and so Ali and her college bestie, Hannah, will be be heading to a new apartment in August. Because her one lease ended before the new one started, she had to move her things into storage so Jeff and I decided to make a weekend of it and scratch off some of our adventures.
Jeff and I went up separately and we took Joey and his friends Mike and Liam out to dinner at Jon's restaurant. It was great to see him too. After dinner Jeff and I went to Bells. We had some yummy drinks and I ran into a coworker (Danielle- such a small world). There was a Led Zepplin tribute band that we could hear and that made it fun too!
Ali got to Kalamazoo pretty early on Saturday with Sean and we got the U-haul. We actually moved all of her and Hannah's things quite quickly. Joey actually pulled in as we were wrapping up (good timing... he had a late night). We sent him for water because we were sweating like crazy and that errand had him missing the second part of the move which was getting things from the U-haul to storage. The first storage didn't work and we got some tips from a guy there (that may have been living out of his storage unit). We finally got her all settled and the five of us stinky people went to the Roadhouse for food before Ali and Sean headed back home.
After that, Jeff and I went to a cool disc golf place. It had like a waterpark type area too and was really cool. I'm glad that I tagged along, got in some extra steps and finished an audio book. HERE is a video I took of the disc golf place.
Then we went back to the hotel and had much-needed showers. We scratched some "West Side" adventure dates but they were kind of disappointing. One was a castle in Kalamazoo which was kind of cool but pretty expensive so we decided to look at it and walk around but that was about it. HERE is a video I put together from those pictures.
The other scratch ticket we did was for Grand Rapids which wouldn't have been an awful drive EXCEPT it closed down!!! It was a gaming type place so we opted to do a little of a replacement. Joey had this bar that he likes with all these old school video games (LFG) and it was really fun. We got carded (probably everyone does but... We played Frogger, Donkey Gone, Guitar hero, driving games and more. There was some convention thing going on in downtown K-zoo so there were a lot of people in costumes which made for some fun people watching. I didn't feel out of place which was nice. HERE is a video with pictures from that date.
Overall it was a fun weekend. Before we left we stopped by Panera to see Joey. His manager came over and talked to us about how awesome Joey is and I felt like my eyes got a bit watery from all of that. It's nice when other people tell you cool things about your kids. I mean I see those things all the time but it's neat when other people see them and share.
Comments
Post a Comment
I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!