STATES!!!! No Sleep 'Til Brooklyn!
We were SO excited for States so piled into the car for the trek to Brooklyn, Michigan. It was PACKED and we weren't sure where we were going but we dropped Joe off and he got with his team in plenty of time.
We found out that some of the boys had gotten into a car accident on the way but thankfully no one was hurt but it sure did rattle the nerves. The girls team also was at states which was cool.
The girls ran first so I watched them kind of but it was hard to tell where to go to actually see the runners. There were so many fans that you really had to squeeze in. The good news was that there was a live tracker so I could see Joe's pace at one mile, two... etc. and I could see that he was setting himself up for a PR!
Nana and Papa were there, the Doran cousins, TZ and Uncle Dan and of course all of us were there too! It was so exciting!
Near the end Jeff got a video of Joey running and he had a bit of a kick putting him ahead of some of the runners! And he did get that PR!!! 17:12! We were so proud of him! I do hope he'll run again in college- although it will likely be for a club team I just love watching him! You can see a video from the day HERE.


Comments
Post a Comment
I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!