Throwing Axes!


 Leave it to Jodi to come up with super fun and different ways to get out and enjoy life! This was a first for us. She had an "Ax Throwing" party for Randy's birthday! And of course she made an adorable trophy for the winner!
There were a handful of new people we hadn't met (neighbors or people with young kids) and of course some old friends we've met from over the years. We got a little education (that's a good idea) and a few practice throws and got to work.
Jeff did really well. Leave it to him. If he's going to do something, he tends to go big or go home. He hit a lot of bullseyes.
I was not so lucky... In practice I was doing well- not really hitting bullseyes but at least the axes would stick. The first two rounds of "real" play I don't think I stuck a single axe (which was super frustrating for this competitive soul).
I did end of sticking some and Jodi did well too but we didn't make it into the playoffs. Jeff did though! He actually came in second place. In his defense, I think the guy he lost to may be a lumber-jack. He was ridiculous (and I mean that in a good way). Jeff didn't lose by much. It was fun though and I can see us throwing axes again (don't worry- not at home- but here... yes!)!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!