Happy Birthday to ME!!


 My birthday was so nice. I started with a run and Jodie came over with a card and a nice gift (though I missed her because I was in the shower). Danny brought over TZ and Maddy with some money to go toward my next running shoes and we made some reindeer dust!
Later we went to Johnny Carrino's (which is my birthday tradition) so I could get my usual birthday dinner. Michelle doesn't work there anymore so it isn't quite as nice but the company was wonderful. Joey was being weird texting with Ella but he finally put his phone away (rolling his eyes of course).
After dinner we headed to a candlelight service. Haven't been back to St. Matt's in a long time but it was good to be there. Other than Pastor Paul, we didn't see anyone we knew which was fine. I love singing carols. It's almost as if I can hear my Grandpa Jonasen's voice when we're singing.
Sean really wanted to hold a candle for Silent Night but fell asleep during the sermon and when he woke up he opted for a light stick (which is what the little kids got). There was a family nearby that gave it to him which was so nice. It was a good idea because it took him a bit to wake up.
We headed home where we learned Marty got into my birthday donuts (my request) that Jeff had made earlier. I was so mad, but there were a few we could salvage and with all the other junk we've been eating, it really wasn't that bad.
Nana and I went over to Great Nan's. It is so hard to see her but at the same time something I feel the need to do. Her skin is still smooth but she is a shell of who I remember and that's always so hard so I prefer pictures of our hands. I have no idea of what she understands but I do hope she has happy dreams.
We didn't stay long and got home for cookies, Santa tracking, presents and singing. Forty-two was a great year and I'm looking forward to what 43 brings!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!