Turkey Trot 2018


This year the Turkey Trot was a bit different. Chrissy hurt her knee and couldn't do it so I decided to run the 10k. Joey did too and Papa and Goose ran the 5k. Our race started before Papa and Z. We got there a bit before the race so didn't have to wait too long though we did find a warm place to wait.
Joe was pretty happy that we actually paid for parking this year so we didn't risk being towed. He hadn't run in a while but I knew he'd be much faster than I. Since he's run this race before, I knew I'd find him at the end, plus he had his phone.
 I got some new gear for this race. I figured why not since I run it each year anyway. When I found the running gear I also found something called virtual races that I'll have to look into. I did a practice run wearing something similar so knew that I'd be OK temp wise. I had on a tank, under-armor long-sleeve shirt, black jacket, t-shirt, leggings and two pair of socks. That cute hat was super warm too. Paired with the tutu, I was good! (I also got some compliments on the route which was cool.)
It was so much fun to run the race and slap all the little kids hands. It was my first 10k and it was perfect! I think that this is my favorite distance. I haven't ruled out doing another half marathon, but when I run outside at home I usually do 5-6 miles. Poor Joe got a bad blister and actually stopped for a bit but still had a good time.
We weren't quite sure what the blister was about since he ran with those shoes all season but I'm glad he still finished running. I texted him when I was done and we found each other right away. We wandered around and some guy took our pictures and we got some bagels which was nice. I never noticed any of that stuff before. Then we headed to our usual meeting place to wait for Papa and Goose.
It didn't seem like we waited too long for them. They had a good race too. I'm glad the two of them stuck together. This is a big race and it's easy to get lost or get bottle necked up in the traffic!

 I was pleased with my splits. It took a while to get going with all the people but then I settled into a comfortable stride. I felt my watch go off after the first mile and then I was thinking... sheesh! I feel like I've been running for a while and when I felt it again I was at mile 3 (I missed mile two probably talking to someone- wishing them a Happy Thanksgiving or something). At one point I saw Joey too which was super cool! I got everyone's results on the computer later. I think Joe still did well especially since he stopped and his toe was all bloodied up. So proud of all of us and can't wait to do it again next year! First we wobble... then we gobble!! Happy Thanksgiving!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!