JOEY GOT HIS LETTER!


 Joey's Cross-Country Banquet fell on the same day as Z's first band concert. Since we knew there would be more concerts, Jeff and I went with Joe. The banquet was at a local golf course and the food was really good. This was our first "Banquet" for high school and it was really nice. Joe sat with friends and we sat with parents who were very nice.
When the coach started talking about the JV runners, I went to the back of the room to film but he never called Joey! Jeff and I looked at each other unsure if he forgot or if Joey actually earned his letter!
Not only did he earn his letter he was the third fastest freshman (Number 1 and 2 were our fastest runners on the team!). They'll be really good if they keep getting stronger! Joey also got the most improved runner. It was awarded to two runners. The boy on the right took SEVEN MINUTES off his time which is amazing but the coach said it's harder to peal off time when you're faster and Joe ended with a great time. He started over 20 minutes and ended in the 18:30s!
I'm so proud of him and I think he's really proud of himself too! I think he'll be running now again for sure and I'm so excited! I took a video of what his coach said about him HERE. I can't imagine how well he would do if he trained a bit harder! I can't wait!
The girls also had their banquet and they were so cute. Girls are a lot more warm and fuzzy. What I learned is that the XC kids really become a family which is cool. I started to see that a bit with Joey and I think he'll feel it a bit more now too!
So proud of you, Joey! Keep up the great work. He even said he'd get some spikes for next season! Yay!!!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!