Honesty IS the Best Policy


If there's one thing I admire about Seany, it's his honesty. Like every kid, he makes his share of mistakes but unlike many kids he tells me regularly what those mistakes are. From telling me during the fire drill that he would give himself a thumbs down for acting up, to having to talk to the principal (don't worry... when I followed up on this - he was fine), Sean will tell me when he messes up. He tells me of all the little mistakes and then tells me what he's going to do next time (and yes- he gave himself two thumbs up for the next fire drill).

On Friday when I asked Sean about his day, he said it was good and then told me that he also got in trouble. He said he was waiting in the hallway and there was an instrument there and he touched it and he got in trouble with the sub. I said, "Really?! A sub! Their job is so hard. I can't believe you would make it harder." He felt bad and we decided he should write an apology letter to his music teacher. What I love most is that he named all the other kids who "messed up" on the cover of his letter. Gosh this kid cracks me up!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!