Happy Birthday, Joey!
Of course while I was doing my thing during the day, Joe was at school and he reported it was a GREAT day! Everyone was wishing my shy guy a Happy Birthday and his friend Anna Lein actually gave him a present which was super sweet! After cross-country, Dom's dad, Scott, treated the boys to Slurpees! Joe sure is a lucky guy!
I couldn't wait for Joe to get home so I could give him this. I was so mad that his other phone (which was my mom's old 6s and really nice and I PAID for) died when he went in the water after one of Marty's toys with his phone in his pocket. He was mad too. He was doing something helpful but it was dumb... so I got him an older phone (like Jeff's) with a WATERPROOF case that really works but still I gave him a message it is NOT to go in the lake!
When he got home we let him open the presents which were... clothes (that he needed- just tees) and the phone because that was plenty!! He was very excited to have it back though the boy is on no social media. Al was there too but she wasn't in the picture with the boys. No dance on Fridays and she skipped soccer to hang with family.
Trevor stopped by too for a bit which was fun. I think he thought Joe was ignoring him since he wasn't answering calls or texts but now that he has his phone back he'll be able to be in touch with people again.
After presents, we headed to the lake to eat pizza, salad, subs, and wings (per Joe's request) and the cupcake cones I made (though my mom took pics and I forgot to get them from her). It was a perfect day for a perfectly awesome kiddo. I am so incredibly proud of the young man he's become~ Gentle. Kind. Reflective. Thoughtful. Keep being YOU Joe! Love you so much!!
| And I survived another September 15th! Thanks boys!! |
Comments
Post a Comment
I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!