Pumpkin Gutting & Carving


We gutted and carved our pumpkins on the 30th. I still am in love with my little drill thing that makes pumpkin gutting a snap! The kids had them gutted and were off to carving in no time. The bad mom that I am I didn't take a single picture of their carved pumpkins (SOB!!).  I guess I was lost in the moment which isn't a bad place to be.
 Separating the seeds from the guts is not as easy because of that tool. The pumpkin flesh is pretty ripped up which makes it small like the seeds. I spend a long time separated the seeds from the guts but finally got a system down of soaking the seeds where they floated to the top and the guts were a bit lower. Time consuming but I feel like the seeds were better than ever this year! We may have to get more pumpkins next year because everyone ate them up!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!