It's Gr8 to be 8, Zach!
His birthday fell on a Thursday and so I made a poster for him and decorated with some balloons. He also mentioned wanting a nerf gun. I found a little cheap one at Kroger so picked it up and wrapped it for the morning. He opted for Papa's famous eggs for breakfast and we all sang to him (I was the first to wish him a happy birthday of course because Jeff was gone to work before he woke).
Z let Jeff know that he wanted Papa John's Pizza for dinner which was great because it was easy! I got home and we all ate pizza and opened presents. We got him a couple skylanders that he wanted and Grandma also sent a package in the mail for him. He was super excited to get her Legos and got right to work!
After he opened up his few gifts, we decided to have some cake. Jeff was at Costco so picked up a cake there (no one in this family had time to bake a cake during the week) and of course he got some ice cream too!
The cake was HUGE and the kids loved it! We had LOTS of left-overs so froze it. You'd think that giant cake would last a long time but it lasted less than a week (and I had one piece)!
After singing, cake and celebrating ,we were off and running again! I was taking Al to dance and Z had to go to soccer practice. He wasn't excited about it because he wanted to stay and play but the "No Screens" during the week rule was lifted so that he could enjoy his new gifts which he did when he got home (after homework... homework doesn't stop just because it's your birthday).
We planned a family party for the weekend but need to find time to do something with friends again. At this point we'll definitely be looking into May... perhaps even June~ but the best things in life are worth the wait (and who doesn't like to extend their birthday?).
I love you, Goosie... MORE!!

Happy Birthday Zach!
ReplyDelete