Dance Masters of Michigan!


 Ali LOVES dance!  In fact we were talking and I don't think she is going to go back to softball (that says a lot because she did love softball). She's been able to manage soccer and dance (she loves and is great at soccer too) but with softball she would clearly have to give up some dance. She recently danced at the Dance Master's of Michigan.  She really does love it so it was fun to watch her and her friends take the stage in a little competition fun!
 Of course no cameras/ videos were allowed (which is always a bummer).  The girls did GREAT though and I loved watching them!  My mom was able to come up and see them too which was fun.  Their dances were video-taped though and the judges critiqued them and gave them pointers. The dancers watched it in class and Ali said one of the judges commented on her great stage presence and she was over the moon about it.  Both performances scored high-gold (the only thing above that is platinum).  The studio itself scored all platinum or high gold which is outstanding!
 I feel like when I first started this dance thing (because it's all about me), I felt kind of out of the loop.  I didn't know anyone since we went to a studio where none of Ali's school friends go. Still, I watched her grow and improve and she adored her teachers so much that we stayed (though I did give her the option to go dance at the closer and cheaper studio where many from school go).
Over time I really got to know Amber's mom, Julia and the two of us started walking during dance.  Then Marin's mom, Jennifer and I became friends and I feel like my "Dance Mom Friend's Circle" keeps growing (as do Ali's good dance friends).  I look forward now to Wednesday nights to chat with Julia, Jennifer, Larissa, Sandy and Stacey and our girls have all become great friends!  I guess it only makes sense since they spend so much time together.  I'm really glad Ali stayed at her studio.
They competed on Saturday and had workshops on Sunday.  During that workshop, Julia, Jen, Larissa, Sandy and I went walking at the mall. We got in lots of steps and had fun chatting. After we picked up our girls, we were all hungry so hit Johnny Carrino's (one of my favorites) for lunch!  I love watching these girls dance, but I also love watching them grow in their friendships (and I love that I have growing friendships too).


Comments

  1. Sounds like a fun time for Ali and how awesome that you are making friends along the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't agree more! It's been such fun watching these girls grow! <3

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!