My Favorite Dancer!!


As I write this, Al's recital is long over and she's already attended one (of two) dance camp workshop(s).  She is fascinated with dance~ watching SYTYCD (repeatedly) and practicing combinations. She was in three recitals this year and I worked two of them~ one as an usher (which is awesome because I get to watch the show) and the other as a line-up mom -getting the girls/boys ready (which is fun because I get to see their excitement just before and after they dance).  I even got to see our little neighbor Morgan, who was adorable.
 The last show, I got to sit back and relax and watch the show.  This is pretty amazing considering the fact that Sean came to the recital.  This was not planned originally... Z wanted to come but we were going to leave Sean with my brother.  Long story short- that didn't happen so he came with us.  We agreed that this was one of the Dance Shoppe's best shows!  The story-line (Alice in Wonderland) tied everything nicely together and kept the littlest (and the male) members interested and as always the dancing was outstanding!
 Although Ali started out in 5 class this year, she only danced three at recital time.  She dropped tap and tumbling so she could do softball.  Her jazz, ballet and dazzling star numbers were all performed the night we watched her and she did a wonderful job!  I can't take my eyes off her when she dances and it's so fun to see my shy Ali come to life on the stage!
 Joe loved the show but it was Z's reaction that was the cutest!  When I asked him if he liked the show and what his favorite dance was, he threw his hands up in the air and said, "I just love the WHOLE thing!!!"  He told me he'd like to dance "if it weren't for all those girls."  That's something in a few years I don't think he'd mind one bit... ;-)
Ali had two whole rows of supporters!  Grandma and Abby came down all the way from Saginaw, Auntie Jodi was there of course, Nana & Papa, our family and Auntie Steph and Maddy. They all gave her lots of flowers which she LOVED!  She even made me take a picture so she could text it to her friends!

Al loves when Auntie Steph comes because she has one of those loud whistles!  She told her friends when they heard that whistle that that was her Aunt!  Al's dance BFF heard her and I'm sure they heard us too as we were all screaming for our favorite dancer!
Ali has decided to add as many classes as she can in the fall (we'll have to see how they fall).  She has never before been interested in hip hop but she wants to do that too now.  I just hope that it will work out so she can keep dancing with her group.  She loves the Dazzling Stars and will always be our star!!  I feel like it is helping our quiet girl build her confidence which has been a joy to watch!

Comments

  1. It all sounds so perfect. I bet she loved having everyone there to see her! I hope she continues to love it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!