Joe's End of a Season (and the beginning of another???)


Joe had a lot of fun playing ball this year, but it was also very frustrating.  Last year, Joey got hit by a ball pretty hard (in the head) and that got into his head and caused him to be scared of the ball.  He flinched at every pitch and ducked often.  He did hit the ball but he also GOT HIT by the ball at least four times that we can remember THIS season!  We overheard the coach telling another coach how well Joe hit in practice.  The thing is, he doesn't trust kid pitchers (based on experience).  Because of this, he's decided to hang up his baseball cleats- and put back on his soccer cleats (he had a great soccer season the last time he played).  The thing is, it's hard to get that out of your head when you've been hit by a ball so we'll just enjoy having catches in the yard- and of course we'll be playing a mean game of wiffle ball (I don't think I've ever mentioned it- but Jeff's super serious about wiffle ball!!).  Game on!

On a side note, Joey's taken up RUNNING!!  He's been running with Jeff in the mornings doing a 5k about every other day.  He's running about 9 minute miles and doing a great job.  We were shocked as we didn't see him as being a runner.  Ironically, the whole 'running' thing started when we were at a ballgame.  Joe has taken over my old phone (for games only) and wanted to play it at Z's game.  We told him to run 10 laps around the field and he could play.  We thought there was no way he was going to run but sure enough... there he went- loose shoes and all.  I never thought we'd have a runner in Joe but I should know by now you never know what the future will hold...

Comments

  1. You never know, maybe he will play baseball again later in life. I love when kids are active and in many different sports. Makes them well rounded and helps them to realize what they do and do not like on their own. My Littles both play soccer. I know nothing about it but love watching them on the field.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more! I love how they are trying different things to see what fits them best! We are really excited for soccer. I don't understand it all but Jeff loved the game and played a bit in college. Looking forward to what unfolds. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes that would be difficult to get out of your head. Wishing him success in soccer and how awesome that he is running with Jeff!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!