Runs on the Beach!



 I don't think I mentioned this, but for Christmas, my mom got me a Fitbit and I LOVE it!!!  You wear it and it monitors all sorts of things; how many steps you take, active minutes you have, how many flights of stairs you take, calories burned... even how well you sleep (among other things).  Since I got it, I have literally walked or run every day (except for the day we said Goodbye to Cobi and our two travel days on vacation).  I've tried to do "A 5K a day" which is only 3.1 miles.  I am a walker but there have been mornings where sleep got the best of me and I've had to do some jogging to get to my goal.  With our schedules, if I don't exercise in the morning (and I'm NOT a morning person), I don't exercise.
The first morning of our vacation, I went out for my walk.  I was so eager to start our day that I decided to run it.  It went well and I loved watching the ocean.  My time wasn't bad so my dad (a real runner) suggested we run together the next morning.  We did four miles (the longest I've ever run except the Turkey trot but that was more like running in place because I was so cold).  Not only did I make it, but we had 'negative splits' which in 'runner talk' means we got faster as we ran.  Our last mile was 9 minutes!  Plus we talked a bit while we ran too which was fun!
Worst Selfie EVER... but it's me and my pops!
 He kept saying, "I'm so proud of you, Laura!" and it felt really good.  Not that my dad would be disappointed in me if I didn't run.  I'm a fast walker.  But it was really cool to be able to say that I ran with my dad.  I think we would have done it again, but he got Ali's cold (the misery part) and then Joe got it too.
Jeff did walk with me one morning which was nice.  He's not a fast walker, but we did about 12/13 minute miles.  It was fun watching the sun come up walking with my best friend.  I think it would be really easy to get up to walk/run in the mornings if that was my route!
One night, Goosie and I went down to see a sandcastle that a man was making.  Then we decided to take a walk and then HE decided to run!  I am not a runner without my shoes but that kid is like the energizer bunny!  Who knows, maybe he'll be a runner like his Papa one day!

Comments

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!