Grandma's Egg Hunt!
If we are in the state, we always go to Grandma Doran's for Easter... except this year! Jeff had to lead both Easter services for church and then tear down the stage. Saturday was also out because Al had a scrimmage, so we went up on Good Friday!
I remember Grandma's Egg hunts from before our kids were even born! JD, Mary and Abby would have to wait inside while we went out and hid all the eggs. It was so much fun!
This year WE were the ones who stayed inside while THEY went out and hid eggs. The Bigs were mad because they thought that Sean peeked a few times, but I don't think Sean even really knew what was going on. When it was time to hunt for eggs, he would find one, open it up to see what was inside, put the trinket or candy back into the egg, put the egg back in his bag and then look for another (I think he'll understand a bit better next year...).
Once the eggs were all collected, we headed back inside to see what treasures everyone got! Grandma did something new (or maybe I just didn't remember it from last year) and some eggs had a slip of paper with a number on it. Those numbers correlated with a bag that had a prize in it!
The Bigs cleaned up and it felt like Christmas!! They were so excited and had so much fun checking out their treasures and then making trades (if it was a 'girl' thing, they usually wanted a trade with Al).
We had a wonderful time catching up, enjoying some of Grandma's yummy food (of course) and just being together. We missed Chris and the Gillespie boys but it's hard for them to get back since they are out of state now. We were happy that we got a quick visit with them the weekend before (but of course I forgot to take pictures... sigh).
I did take a lot of pictures at Grandma's though and of course put it into a video!

Sounds/looks like so much fun...I love the bags on the heads!
ReplyDelete