Christmas in Saginaw (Belated)
When deciding when to do our "Christmas," it was suggested that we do it at our house. I was SO excited (because I don't think they've ever come down to see our house at Christmas). I decided to put up my North Pole Village and Christmas in the City Village. I haven't put them up in years but with expecting company, I was eager to get them out. I made a movie of my North Pole Village (that you can see HERE) and my Christmas in the City Village (that you can see HERE).
Well, unfortunately the roads were bad up in Saginaw so no one came... which meant that we also missed out on seeing the Gillespie cousins. We were really bummed. We also didn't find this out until a bit late so had already started to prepare a lot of food to feed 17 people. We ended up having two sets of friends over to eat that day and still threw out some food (ugh). It was delicious though (Jeff is a GREAT cook) but we couldn't eat it all.
We made plans to go up north the next week and (wouldn't you know it), the roads were a sheet of ice and cars were off the roads so we stayed home. We FINALLY got up there in January and were so happy to see Grandma and the Doran cousins (and of course Uncle Jim and Tia Trish).
We exchanged presents (I still need to get to the post office to get boxes to ship presents to the Gillespie boys) and had a wonderful meal together. The kids loved all their presents and had a fun time playing with their new toys.
I think Grandma also really enjoyed the gifts the kids gave her. As is our tradition, the Bigs save their money and go to the Dollar Store to shop for everyone. They are always so excited to give their presents and I think everyone just loves getting them (I know that I do)!
I laughed watching the girls on their phones but then looked at my own little girl on her iPod which (as I type this) is now loaded with all her friends' contacts so she can text and facetime with them. I guess I shouldn't say anything... after all, I took all these pictures with my own 'device.' Merry (belated) Christmas!


I LOVE YOUR VILLAGES....OMG THEY ARE SO BEAUTIFUL AND VERY IMPRESSIVE!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry about the weather and then not being able to come :( So glad that you finally got to go and had a nice time.