Ali's Eyes


 Today is MLK day and we are off school for records day.  Because I feel like every day is records day, I took advantage of the day off from teaching by setting up appointments for Ali (both her 9 year well-visit~ which went great except for a shot~ and an eye appointment).  Ali failed her most recent eye exam at school so I knew that it was probably time to take her in (and I thought I knew what the diagnosis would be).
When Ali was in preschool (and kindergarten) we patched her left eye (her strong eye) because there was such a discrepancy in the two eyes.  It wasn't horrible and her eyes actually did get better~ but even then, they told us that it was probably just a matter of time before she got glasses.  She does have her mama's eyes (literally I have one really weak eye and one 'regularly' weak eye just like her). So it was decided that she IS getting glasses! Once she started trying them on, they didn't seem so bad... Here are the different frames she tried:






 She knew which pair she wanted immediately (and I completely agreed with her, which was nice)!  She will not have to wear them to dance, softball and soccer but she will wear them to school.  It was funny, when she was trying on the sample frames she said, "I think these make me see better."  I had to explain that they didn't have prescription lenses in the samples~ perhaps her dilated eyes were playing tricks on her.

 These are the winning frames (also the first pair in all the frames she tried on)!  She is excited because they should come in later this week.  I sure hope she keeps up this excitement as time goes on.
I think the 'bling' on the side was a deciding factor in her choice.  "Not only do they have sparkle on the side mom, but they have rainbow designs on the inside!"
It's good to see my girl happy and will be even better to see my girl see!

Comments

  1. I'm glad she is excited and I love the pair she picked out.
    Your look awesome Ali!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debby! Me too! She is so excited!!!! I can't wait for them to come in! <3

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!