SEAN TURNS 3!



 It is hard to believe that Sean is already three!  I woke up this morning without him in my bed, though it wasn't long until he made his way in to cuddle with me which I didn't mind in the least.  I was sad I had to go to work, but my mom (who watches him on Tuesdays) had planned to take him to the farm.  It was a great idea except that Ali woke with a croup cough and threw up shortly after, so the plans for the farm had to be postponed. He made the best of the day and when I got home was happy to have gotten into the pantry and was busy making 'towers'.
At three, Sean is quite a picky eater.  Unlike his big sibs, I can hardly ever get him to eat a veggie... fruits, yes!  Veggies, no! He prefers pizza, chicken and hot dogs.  He also likes "Chippies" and sucks down milk like it's going out of style.
 Since Pizza is one of his favorites, we decided to make some for dinner. He ate a ton (as did everyone else) and it was a lot cheaper than going out (and healthier).  It was a nice night, so after dinner I decided to take the boys to the park.  Ali stayed home with Jeff.  She was feeling better but after a day home, we couldn't let her run around in the cool, crisp air (house rule).
 Sean had a blast and didn't want to leave the park! He played on everything and so I thought we should check out the animals before the sun went down.  He wouldn't have left if it wasn't for the boys and I walking away.  After a while, he worried we wouldn't come back and finally ran to catch up with us!
 We went and checked out roosters, turkeys, chickens, peacocks, sheep, goats, bunnies, some other feather gal and her babes and a pig.  Sean found a cat (or rather a cat found him) and we were (all) off to see a donkey and horse.  Again he didn't want to leave.  My original strategy of walking away didn't work, so I scooped him up (crying) and buckled him into his seat!
 Grandma sent him a present and so when we got home, he opened it.  He also had a card from Regina.  The bad mom that I am, I didn't get him anything yet (partly because I knew he wouldn't know the difference).  It was quite sweet to open one present though and linger over it and love it.  Ali read the cards.  Joe was upset about it but I pointed out that she missed out on all the fun at the park so should at least read the card!
 Grandma got Sean a purple turtle that projects light on the wall and sings some nice soothing music.  He loved it.  I just hope that it works its magic and keeps him in his bed.  Sean is one who likes a warm body sleeping next to him (his brothers, sister and of course parents).  Maybe I should see if Cobi or Pele' would sleep with him...
After his present, I made him 3,2,1 cake and we sang to him.  He'd been singing to himself all evening including the Polish version of Sto Lat (of course).  The Bigs were concerned when he tried to touch the flames on his candles. When it came time to blow them out, he didn't know what to do, so the Bigs blew them out for him.  We are hoping to celebrate more this weekend between all our other happenings.  Maybe between now and then we'll teach him how to 'blow'.  In the meantime, I put together a video of the pictures I took of the evening.  I can't believe my baby is 3.  I love that I have a post about him the day he was born.  Happy Birthday Seany!  Love you more!!

Comments

  1. Three!!! I can't believe it. Where has the time gone. He looks so grown up. Goodbye (hopefully) to those terrible 2's!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!