Ila's Return


Last Saturday was a busy one for us.  Jeff had practice at church, I had the four and was dropping the boys off with my dad and Al off with Jeff so he could get to her game and I could get to the annual Walk to Remember.  Ali had a hard time finding her shoe before we left (somehow this was MY fault) and went into total breakdown mode.  It was hysterical and I was sad that Jeff wasn't there to hear her, so I quickly turned on my phone and set it on the floor.  It was AWESOME (though the footage I didn't get was awesome too)!
While in the car she realized I was taping her (with my phone facing her direction) and she got quiet.  No doubt she remembers the days of the infamous CAR STOPS when Ila (Ali's evil self and Ali spelled backwards) would rear her ugly head.  I got those videos on tape too and they were (and still are) AWESOME!
 Ali was still mad at me before her game.  I told her to pretend my face was the ball and kick it hard and get a goal.  That irritated her too but I just smiled and was off to walk in the rain to remember my babies.  I was SHOCKED when after the walk I looked at my phone and saw a text from Jeff that read, "ALI JUST SCORED!"  Figures this would happen the ONE game that I miss... The good thing is that I am totally taking credit for this one.  Though siblings come close, I don't think anyone drives you as crazy as your parents can when you are young and now that it has been some time since we've seen Ila, I got some giggles when I saw her return. Of course I don't want to see her all the time, but the occasional visit does bring about some good blog fodder!


Comments

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!