Lots of Logans



One of the best things about summer is meeting up with old friends! Today we had a great reunion with my parents' good friends (Papa Larry and Grandma Judy) and their daughter (Jen) and LOTS of Logans (Jen's kiddos). When talking about the day, Ali Jane first said she didn't want to go and play with all those boys, but then I reminded her that poor Brooke was also surrounded by 3 brothers so she should go and keep her company. Ali Jane spent a lot of time in the water. She and Joe kept up those skills from up north and it was great to see them swimming and floating on their backs!

All of the kids had a great time in the water (and they seemed so independent)! Jen's kids have grown so much in the year and Kyle was not nearly as timid in the water as I remember from years past! Many of the kids went on wave runner rides (Ali Jane went 50mph), and we all had some beverages, snacks and just caught up! I didn't eat too many snacks (and I don't think anyone else did either) because Sean got to them first. He started dipping a chip or something in the dip Jen brought. We were talking about how 'double dipping' was proven to be a myth on "Myth Busters" (according to Papa Dave in California), but somehow the double dipping Sean was doing didn't look too appetizing. He ditched the chips all together and started just sticking his hand into the dip (avoiding the extra carbs is my guess).

Later in the evening we picked up some pizzas and headed out on the boat for dinner. The kids took turns driving the boat and everyone had a great time! When we got back we took our (now) annual picture of Jen and I and our 8 kids! I went back and looked at old posts about the Logans and learned that this was our third summer getting together. We didn't take a group picture that first year (but then, Sean wasn't born quite yet so it is really just a group picture of our 'final' families... we both are not having ANY more kids!). The triplets and Sean are a year apart (exactly). They share the same birthday and it was fun to watch them and try to imagine what Sean will be like this time next year! Thanks for a great visit Millers and Logans (and Jen and Judy I hope you get your marble rings soon! Can't wait to see your pictures from the day!!)


Comments

  1. Sounds like a great day. Love the picture! Sean is so funny with his hand in the dip.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!