It's a Boy!


What a wonderful day in our life! 95 years ago on this day, my sweet Grandpa Jonasen, whom I was so very close with, was born. 34 years ago, his son was taken to heaven. It was such tragic day in my family's life- but perhaps one of the reasons I had the relationship with the Jonasens that I had- Perhaps the reason that I named my first living son after them. It was a day of such heartache... what JOY to have the day be a happy one, yet again!
I did not sleep well the night before the delivery. My mind raced with the 'whatifs' that have plagued it in the past- and as soon as I found myself drifting to sleep, it seemed it was time to wake. Jeff and I went to the hospital and took my last 'pregnancy pictures'... (Don't worry- you will never see them- the last thing you want to see is a pregnant gal in a bra- tummy hanging out... and YES- with the PUPP rash and scratch marks surrounding it.... ugh!)
It was a relief when I saw my dear friend, Donna. A friend I met because of my beloved HUGS group- A friend that is a blessing found through my first born's life and death- A friend that was there as we welcomed our 'last' born... And what an amazing moment it was. I was able to watch by mirror as they pulled him from my body and announce to the room, "IT'S A BOY!" He screamed with healthy lungs- scored a 9 (and Donna gave him a 10!) on his APGAR- and was just as beautiful as could be! I had tears streaming down my face. Tears of praise! Tears of gratitude! Tears of Relief! Tears of a woman whose family felt full-a feeling she wasn't sure she would ever truly achieve. Tears of peace!

And as Jeff went back to tell our mothers and children the news of our sweet Baby F's arrival, the boys were so very excited! (Notice I said BOYS!) Ali Jane, on the other hand said, "I DON'T WANT THREE BROTHERS!" (So much for trying to prepare her for so long on the possibility of there being another boy...) I know in my heart that it was Sean that was meant to be here. I read in a devotion the other day, "A son will be born" and I felt it- the same way 6 years ago on September 15, 2003 I read a devotion about death, peace, and comfort...
Jonasen is thrilled! Zachary won't let his brother go- and while Ali Jane isn't thrilled about all the boys in her family, she did manage to give a little kiss to our newest member. For me, it was a wonderful delivery- though I did find myself a bit sick for a while as my spinal meds began to wear off- I managed to make it through and have already been out of bed and hoping to feel 'normal' in the near future- and yes- welcome visitors tomorrow!
We are in love! We are blesssed! We would like to thank everyone for their prayers, for their calls, emails, and visits over these last months. The journey of building our family has been one of many twists and turns- but we are so grateful to have never been traveling it alone! (Especially on the darkest of bends.) THANK YOU & GOD BLESS!!!!

Comments

  1. How very wonderful Laura and family! I, too, am relieved and so very very happy for the best ending of pregnancy and child bearing and the sweetest beginning of a new era - raising them! You amaze me Laura. Your energy, Your love, your family....one word comes to mind - beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Laura. I'm so thrilled for you and your family. What a beautiful baby! Thanks for not making us wait long for an update. Sleep tight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura, he is so cute! Again, tears as I read your blog but these are happy tears for you and your family. I shared with you before of the peace I felt when you finally shared that you were pregnant and I still felt peace when you were going in. I am so happy that all went well and for the little boy God has given you. He is a lucky little man to have you two as parents. God's blessings on you and your family.
    Ronda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to you all. You are truly blessed. Grandma Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Laura--so happy for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laura- I can't believe you have blogged about this already!!!

    Tears of relief and happiness for you friend.

    So ridiculously happy for you on the birth and safe arrival of your precious son , Sean.

    You look fabulous :-)

    much love xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Peace and love to you all...Sheri
    A through F what a start to life's journey.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!