A Great Saturday!


What a great Saturday we had! The girls went shopping for (much needed) clothes for me- and shoes for Al. The two of us had lunch and it was such fun! As sad as it sounds I think that it was the first time just Ali Jane and I had lunch at a restaurant together... (Other than McDonald's of course) It seems like the boys are always around so we really enjoyed our day!


The boys went shopping too! And Jeff got his (he would say) much needed new guitar! He's playing more at church now and has even led some services so we justified the purchase of a nice guitar for him. (Happy Father's Day, Birthday, Christmas... for a few YEARS!) It is a nice guitar and he did make me smell it quite a bit- as if that softens the fact that we spent so much money on an instrument. He can't wait to plug it into the real amps.

When we got home we went to the park near our home. Jeff took the kids and I got some much needed exercise walking there. It's only about a mile, but it felt great to plug in the ipod and walk! I can't wait for summer to officially get here so I can start my mornings off with a walk again!
The kids had a great time playing at the park even though by the evening it had gotten a little chilly. When it's time to leave the park we always go to see the animals who are nearby.
The kids love checking out the Peacocks- (which is what you see them looking at through the blue bars in the picture below.) And Zach was hilarious chasing the chickens with his arms outstretched as though he wanted to give them a hug.
The funniest by far though was the sheep. This poor guy (in the video below) has got to have some of the funniest "bahhhs" I've heard. We got quite a lot of laughs from him.





Comments

  1. The pics and video were taken with my new camera- not too bad- It's nice to always have a camera with you (that takes decent pics!)
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHOOOPS! Meant to say that the pics and video were taken with my new PHONE!!! I'm a little brain-dead today!!! (Thanks for pointing out the mistake on my comment... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU are funny Laura Doran! Thanks for the good chuckle compliments of that goat :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay - I meant SHEEP!!! Guess we're both braindead ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that you had your first reasturant meal with Ali Jane alone, I love taking Drew out too~ a few weeks ago I took him to Jennifers Cafe, and he was so big, it was nice b/c it was more adult like than ay Leo's... also I know what you mean about that sheep, Drew & I were laughing at him on Monday.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!