Domestic Diva?

One of the reasons I love my husband so much is that he is a great cook! It's a good thing- because I don't really cook... at all (other than cold spaghetti salad... if you call that cooking). I do however know how to bake some things and was so impressed with the cake that I made for Joe's birthday.
Last weekend was horrible- (as you may have read from my Pause posts) and so Friday came out of nowhere and I realilzed... JOEY'S PARTY IS TOMORROW! Now- it is really only family and Godparents that come, but still- when I asked him what kind of cake he wanted he said, "A pirate one." (I was hoping for chocolate or vanilla...) So here we were- the day before the party and how was I going to order one of those on such short notice. In a panic- my mom emailed me some recipes and I tried one that looked like a treasure chest- it was such fun! Jeff actually had to practice guitar at church- so I packed up the kiddies and we went on a hunt for cool loot for Joey's cake. The sand that you see is actually crushed up graham cracker!
The lid did slide down a bit (as you may see in Joey's birthday blog) but everyone loved it- and it actually tasted good too. Though the kids filled up mostly on the "loot." Hopefully when I ask Ali Jane what kind of cake she wants she'll say, vanilla!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!