Can Joey really be 5???

It's hard to believe that it's been five years since we took Jonasen home from the hospital- we held him in our arms and saw our future- our hope. Still today he amazes us with his kindness towards others and we often wonder what we did so right that God let us keep him (not that God works that way of course). The weekend after his birthday we had family and Godparents over to celebrate this very special boy. Joey was so excited about his "Pirate Party." (Where he gets pirates from we'll never know...
We had a beautiful day and so we took advantage of the beautiful weather and played and ate outside (Zach couldn't wait for me to get him a plate of food so just helped himself to Ali Jane's...) Joey's favorite part of the party... (Can you guess?) Was the presents... not the outside play... not all the kids that were there... not that Grandma came (those he was super excited about that...) He was so excited about those presents that he actually skipped out on cake and ice cream!

After we sang happy birthday (in English and in Polish) and it came time to cut the cake Joe said, "No thanks mom, I'm not really hungry." NOT REALLY HUNGRY?? DID YOU SEE THAT CAKE I MADE??? ARE YOU SURE YOU DON'T WANT A BITE??? "No thanks, I think I'll just play with my presents." And so is the life of the five year old.






I still can't believe that he's five.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!