Bayshore! It's Ali's Turn!!


Ali started running again and I suggested she do Bayshore and she was all in! She's been running pretty much daily and I knew a 10K would be easy for her. To be honest, I think she could have done the half but she hasn't raced since high school and since she hasn't been running again all that long, she felt most comfortable doing 6.2 miles.


The weather was overcast but PERFECT for running- except then it started to rain. It was a spitty rain but steady. Jeff, Sean and I were able to go near a hill and were able to spy her. It was clear some people didn't know how this works because there were people walking near the front which is a no-no. When we spied Ali (and other runners) they were trying to get around them. Because of this Ali's first mile was WAY slower than her 7:45 min/mile goal. It was like over 10 minutes. She had this app though that I was able to get so I could track her and send her encouraging words. Here second mile was 7:42 so I knew she had gotten out of the congestion.

Ali wearing Papa's shirt!

Sean and I found shelter under the bleachers near the finish. We were talking with another runner who was there to support some of his friends and I liked talking to him. Jeff was disc golfing but got Ali as she was getting closer to the finish. The winner of the 10K was UNDER 30 MINUTES and set a course record! Zach and Kat joined us just in time and also were able to cheer Ali on. I put all of the video of her running HERE.

Zach attempting a selfie but it was in Portrait Mode.

Kat took this picture of all of us which I love!


I was so proud of Ali! I do have to mention her shirt. It's my dad's Boston Marathon shirt and he wanted her to wear it so she did. It was HUGE and it had all sorts of holes in it. It must be 30 years old. She did have shorts on underneath, you just couldn't see them! ;-)

Putting up with my posing!


She did a great job but was eager to get out of her wet clothes and shoes I think. After the race we went to the car and headed back to Elk Rapids. Zach and Kat headed back to her place. I think he was happy to spend time with her and we understood it. I was glad he came to see his sister finish her race though!

Ali's official time


When we got back to the condo, Ali did a two mile shake-out run and then (inspired by her), I ran 5 miles (galloway style). It felt really good but I felt it after and the next day (since I'm writing this "the next day."


After some showers, we went to Town Club where Jeff and I split a yummy reuben and had oru usual apps and an Oberon. There was a craft fair going on and we enjoyed looking at all the vendors. Ali and I got some bracelets from an artist and then the four of us got ice cream (well three of us- Sean just wanted a root beer).


Next we went home and walked to Shorts. IT WAS PACKED!!! If runners wore their medals, they got $4 beers! We were glad to find a picnic table near the back where we played Five Crowns (my latest favorite game). We each had two beers (well- minus Seany of course). That game takes a long time. If you know, you know.

Ali proudly displaying her $4 beer and how she got it!

And this just made me laugh. I couldn't figure out what he was doing... He was watching a video of the dogs on Sean's phone! We miss them when we are gone. Thankfully Garrett was able to watch them! I can't wait until next year. I'm going to still keep working on getting Joey to run it again! We missed him this weekend!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!