Happy 25th Anniversary to US!


They say that time flies when you're having fun and it certainly has! I can't believe it's been 25 years since we walked down that aisle. At 25 years old- it felt like we were kids! We were! Marriage has not always been easy but we've really learned to put in the effort and check in with each other. I'd say that we are not the people we were then, or even ten years ago~ but we keep choosing each other and life definitely is better together!


We found out that the 25th wedding anniversary is "silver" so I got Jeff a funny apron that says, "My wife is hotter than my grill" and tossed in some silver tongs (from our kitchen drawer). He got me GORGEOUS diamonds on silver posts! I did not expect this as we usually don't do that, but I love them!


We had a delicious dinner at El Barzon in Detroit. It was a suggestion from my therapist and she gives me the best tips! I've been in a good head space for a while now but it's worth meeting just to get new restaurant and date ideas! Jeff and I usually split meals now, but this time we decided to get our own and we'd just take home the extras... well... not only was that impossible~ we nearly licked our plates clean even AFTER a yummy appetizer. They also brought us a delicious dessert because we told them we were celebrating out 25th. 


When we got home, we decided to write new vows and exchange them for our next 25. It was nice but I think I was more touched by what he wrote on FB. It felt more public (like wedding vows are) but I knew he was writing it for me. I love when memories and things pop up. I'm trying not to be on social media as much which is why I'm back here on this blog (at the kids' requests too) documenting things here again. I think what he wrote summed up everything perfectly. I have now been Mrs. Doran longer than I haven't. I like who I have become and I like who I've become this person with!
Happy Anniversary, Jeffy!
(I think this was our best one yet- hands down!)



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!