2nd Annual Because of Andrew 5k

 


Well, somehow I pulled it together! We were able to do a Second Annual Because of Andrew 5k run/walk (or rollerblade-Dan, Scoot- Sean & TZ, kayak-Pam).
I was later in planning this. There has been so much going on from Christie being sick, school, just the regular chaos of momming four kids. I was SO touched by all that showed up for the run! Old friends and new friends, and running friends, and people I didn't even know!
We ran the Air Line Trail this year and boy was it HOT! I was going to walk because my foot has been really bugging me- it's like there's a rock in it- but momentum overtook me and I ran. In addition to our family, Nana, Papa, Uncle Dan, TZ, Ellie, Matt, Sam and Dave all joined us live! It was so awesome!
This year I made it FREE to everyone and just asked people to make a donation. I liked it this way better- it may not have made as much money but people could spread kindness in their own unique ways which was awesome!
We did raise over $2000 for the charity though which was amazing!
I'm so very proud of Andrew and all the good he is doing!
Proud to be his mom!
HERE is a video from the day and the many participants (those who dropped them in the live run).
And... like last year's run, this one has been taped so I'll be able to listen to it again and again!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!