Getting Away... FINALLY!
Ok, time to come clean- I'm behind WAY behind in this blog, and if it reads like I'm not, that's because I went back and filled in from the last YEAR! Covid has been a mess (and I will go back and update) but I realized that I have to start now and move forward so I remember the little things that make coming back to read our adventures so fun for me!
So since the world shut down last year, we missed our annual MB trip. This year, it was game on again with Jeff, me and Nana and Papa vaccinated. Though we are vaccinated, we're still careful and were SHOCKED by how many people on our trip down had no masks. It was a bit nuts to be honest (and disappointing). If everyone took this seriously, we wouldn't be in this mess (but I won't go there~ in this blog at least...). There was a Subway that actually enforced the mask rule (though it was in a gas station that didn't enforce it). The lady working at the Subway was really slammed and apologized but we didn't mind waiting and told her not to worry one bit. We chatted a bit with her- so nice- and being nice and understanding pays off! She gave us a dozen FREE cookies AND two of our subs for free (the six inches- we also had two foot-longs that we split). What a deal and a reminder that there are perks sometimes to being kind!
The trip down was awesome. Traveling with "big kids" is so much easier. We listened to podcasts which were great. I finished Alexander Hamilton (loved it- super long but loved how many lines in the musical "Hamilton" were lifted from actual words they spoke). The kids got along great and it was just really nice.
We stopped on the way down too which really broke up the drive in a great way and knowing that the boys (and rest of the zoo) are in great hands with Matt and Sam staying to hold down our fort. They really made this thing happen for us and I'm so grateful. If I catch up on this blog and Fender's "stuff" that will make sense. Matt said it was kind of rainy back home and we ran into some rain and fog too but it sure is pretty in the mountains!
We finally made it to the beach and I had to laugh- went to put on my flops, and I brought TWO DIFFERENT black flipflops. They're both Rocket-Dogs so feel the same but I don't think I'll be wearing them out and about.
Socks on the other hand, I have no problem with and that's probably where Sean gets it from. I match up to make sure I have the same "style" socks but like mixing up colors. I'm weird like that. Shoes though... not so much. That was a dumb, rushed move!
Having not run the last two days, I was itching to get out and glad that the Goose joined me. We ran out a mile and were going to walk a mile back (it was windy) but a massive storm was blowing in so we decided we had better run and we made it right before the heavens opened!
We had a late dinner and then FINALLY learned to play a game that I got for my birthday (or Christmas... it all runs together and it was SO much fun. Al and Seany are staying in our condo and Z and Joe with Nana and Papa. Only Dad, Al, Sean and I played and we loved it. Can't wait to play with everyone tomorrow (and I mean that- I'm in real time baby! YAY!!!)
Comments
Post a Comment
I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!