Away Band Camp


When it came to going away for band camp there were two very different- but strong- reactions. Joey was PUMPED!! Ali- a little reluctant~ a little concerned she forgot something. I had Jeff drop them off for the buses because she tends to have a tougher time separating from mama!
 The thing is she didn't really HAVE to separate from me for too long because I volunteered to help out. I was up there 3 days to chaperone and walk the grounds to make sure everyone was doing what they were supposed to do- or as I call it... "Break up love in the woods." Jeff told me that everyone was going to hate me.
I really TRIED to do my job well but on the first day it POURED and no one was in the woods (but me and Naomi). I struck out other times too but I sure got my steps in! After running 4-5 miles and walking Marty- walking at band camp had me over 20,000 and even 30,000 steps! It was insane!
 Me being there made things a bit easier for my kids- at least ONE kid. Like I said Ali double-triple checked everything... Joey on the other hand told me he was good, "I've done this before, mom!" Please see his text message to me! BWHAHAHA!
I did run into the kids at camp. Joey LOVED it and always wanted to grab me for a photo-op with his friends!



Ali was not as excited (that picture with her cabin mates was not taken by me). When I ran into her friends (below) they all said they wanted their picture taken (except Ali). They wanted a pic and even wanted to "review" the pic- whereas Al was like- it's fine- let's go!
WHERE'S THE LOVE, ALI??


I also got to see some pictures on the facebook page. I think they get a lot more of the marching band kiddos and not as many of the pit kids. Thankfully I did get SOME! And bonus- a friend also sent me a video!




I also got a video with BOTH Ali and Joey in it which was kind of cool!



Love that Ali and her twin are together again too! Again- way more pictures of Joe but in my defense- I didn't take them- still I thought I'd better drop them here!







 Joey had a great time- He loved late night singing and talking around the (not-real) campfire that they called "Deep Boi Hours." I love that he has so many good friends! Below are the sections for both kids!


 Afterward, they went back to school and did a show. I should mention that Ali felt sick most of the week and at one point asked me to bring her home but she stuck it out and I think she may even do it again next year- time will tell. One thing we know for sure is that Joe WILL be back! HERE is a video of their show this year! I still can't believe they learn this in a week! Great job, Dorans!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!