Start of XC Season


 And just like that we're back to XC season! I can't begin to tell you how much I LOVE watching Joey run. I think I have a much greater appreciation for it now that I've started running. Joey ran in the reserve race and there were quite a bit of runners.
Of course when we got there, he realized he didn't have his shoes! Before we left, I told him to grab his spikes and he said he had them. When we got there though, he had them but TWO DIFFERENT SHOES!
He didn't seem to care and said, "Mom, I'll just run my trainers." Ugh! No you won't!!! Thankfully Nana and Papa hadn't left (and we had to be there early) so they stopped by our house to grab the shoes.
They got there just in time. and he put on the shoes and headed to the start. This race is only a 4k so times are tough for me to compare. Joey tends to run better the further he goes which is strange- but true.
 He did great though coming in 6th place overall and the team took first which was exciting! Since it was the reserve race though, they didn't get any medals. His time was 14:49 or the pace was 3.42/K. Again... whatever.


His fan club was excited for him and I think he was thankful to have his shoes. It was a great day for a run and after the run we went out to celebrate the start of another great season! I told him I'd give him $50 if he breaks 18. We'll see...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!