Annual Trip to the Elk
I don't know if there's anything I look forward to more in the summer than our get-away to the Elk! It's so great to leave home and know that our other babies are in good hands too (thanks Nana and Papa).
We always do the same thing when we get there- best pizza in town and best ice cream in town!! Afterward, we hit the store for a few groceries and the heavens opened up on us! I don't think anything could dampen our mood though!
Thankfully the rain didn't stay and the Littles (especially) were off to swim. You can't keep these two fish out of the water.
I'm glad they are friends and can cooperate. Sean prefers the pool and Z the lake so we spent a bit of time in both locations with no complaints. Growing up in a big family does have it's perks!
While the littles swam, Al and I read our books (watching the boys too of course) and dad and Joe stayed back to play guitar. Joe forgot his suit but managed to remember his guitar. He really does love to play that thing! We did get him a suit the next day so he COULD swim!
Another thing we did was play a lot of tennis. The Littles played with dad while Al, Joe, and I headed to get Joey a bathing suit. When we were back we headed over to the courts where the others were! I couldn't believe Sean's backhand!!
We went a few times to play and it was fun. Sean thought maybe he'd like to take some lessons and who knows- maybe Ali will too. I loved playing tennis in HS! So fun!!
Another thing we did was run! I "made" Joey run with me but not really WITH me- he took off but thankfully he'd wait for me at the end and take a picture. I just love running up there! So beautiful!!
As mentioned it was also good to have some girl time! Al and I did a lot of reading. I usually have two books going at once now- one on my kindle and one on my phone as an audio book! I hardly watch TV at all now which is good since Judge Judy doesn't have any new episodes! tee hee!
Another thing Ali and I did was our nails. We both did our fingers and I did my toes out of ONE Colorstreet nail packet! I love this color too! The toes stay on over a month so these are well worth it for me!!
One of the days we went to Traverse City and walked around! It was a short trip unfortunately but I'm glad we could get out. I am so lucky to have this amazing guy by my side. We are so blessed to be able to make these memories!
Traverse City was lovely but Sean was not... He pouted and did NOT want to walk around. He didn't really have a choice but boy was his pouting annoying to me!
It's so pretty to look at the lakes and at the boats. We also got ice cream in TC- Sean should have been happier but he wasn't. The lake sure was up and below is a picture of the water over a deck! So crazy!!
The other crazy- but not in a good way- thing was the Town Club was NOT open and it didn't look anywhere near being done! Gosh I hope they can open back in by the next time I go (which will be Memorial Day weekend for the race!
The quickness of the trip had us tired but at the same time- we were able to unwind and relax. We took life day by day and were perfectly content to just love the sun, sand, and water. We are so very lucky!
The kids noticed the sunset and said, "We need to do that hand picture," so they did and I LOVE it!! In the top picture, Joe is the age that Sean is in the picture below! So crazy to see them growing up. I love it but I also wish I could stay longer. We already have our NEXT year's trip booked- my parents have a lot of renters now so you need to get in soon! Thanks mom and dad for allowing us to crash in your crib! We love it!!
Comments
Post a Comment
I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!