2018 in Review

1. The Year of Running- Though Z did run XC too this was certainly Joey's year for running. He really turned it up in the end of the season and went out with a bang which earned him his Varsity letter- And YAY!!! He's going to keep running.
Let's not forget ME! I ran my first (and maybe only) half marathon and lived to blog about it! That was super huge but I am equally proud of the fact that I logged 1200 miles (and not a tenth more) in 2018. I still can't believe I didn't know about the joys of running until my early 40s but better late than never!
2. Ali says goodbye to dance- I knew this day would come but I figured she'd make the transition when she went to HS. For various reasons she decided this was it for her. I think she still loves the art of dance and will find ways to it but she is really happy with her decision and all the opportunities not dancing has brought her.
3. And we have a High Schooler- This was weird. From going to orientation, sending him off to marching bank camp and that dreaded (for me) first day of school~ I (stress on that I) think I will survive high school. Joey has come into his own and we couldn't be prouder of our Knight!
4. Z goes to Middle School- This still blows my mind. My 60 lbs. kiddo is killing it in middle school- academically, socially, athletically and also found his way into the arts (which we did NOT see coming). This kid is cool as a cucumber. Can we all say a little prayer he stays like this through his teen years?
5. Al was inducted into NJHS- kind of big potatoes since I learned there were a lot that didn't make it in this club. We're proud of her. That being said my not-social butterfly has had a tough time with those hours being as shy as she is. I think that this is a good thing for her- mama isn't saving her. She's spreading those wings and flying!
6. New Pets- Speaking of flying... by accident, 2018 became the year of the pet! After spring break Mimic and Fredo (who had a difficult past) came to live with us. They're happy but I'm pretty sure they will NOT be coming into Room 119 anytime soon.
And because they wouldn't be coming in, I got someone who hopefully can. Norbert came to our family and I've been learning all I can about bearded dragons. I feel like I always have something going on- why not add another pet?
7. We have a driver- Oh my gosh... this one was (and remains) a bit scary for me. Joey has his permit and is logging those hours. I thought being a new mom was scary but being the mom of a driver is terrifying. I'm sure it will get better (but then I'll have another new driver... EHHH!!).
8. Middles take the Stage- I am still in awe of these two and how well they did in their first musical! They really did a tremendous job. I went to every show and after that kept watching the video I took again... and again... and again...
9. Disc Golf- Jeff is still in his happy place. He loves his open mics and disc golf. I think he prefers to go with Dave but is totally cool going solo since he enjoys both things so much. He did his first solo tournament (and I THINK duo with Dave). I never get pictures but now that he's on FB I am going to start stealing his pictures so I can include this stuff...
10. Sean.- What can I say? The day my heart stopped was when we lost Sean in Detroit after seeing Aladdin. It was the Littles' first musical and it was outstanding but losing Sean afterward was a heart-stopper. I'm glad he knew what to do. These people are my absolute favorites. So lucky to be able to do life with them!
Thanks for the memories 2018! Can't wait to see what 2019 brings!











Comments
Post a Comment
I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!