Turkey Trot Time
It was actually a perfect day for the Turkey Trot! Cold but not TOO cold. This year, Danny ran the 10K so we didn't go with him. Next year Joe and my dad may do the 10K too which will mean Chrissy and I will need to do it since we drive together!
Joe and Papa ran but said it was absolutely horrible. They couldn't run because people in front of them were walking. They did 9:48 miles. Not good for them though my dad took first in his age group. Think about if they could have really run! There were TONS of people (over 20,000 I was told) and unfortunately, they didn't all stay with their waves like they were supposed to.
The walkers did well and Chrissy and I didn't have the traffic like we usually do. We actually jogged most of the race which was good. Every year Chrissy says we're going to run next year... hopefully 2017 will be our year though I'm cool with walking too!
I love that we have this tradition. We are also both WMU grads so had to represent our alma mater in the D! Our football team is doing AWESOME and is undefeated! We're so proud of them!
We found Papa and Joe in our usual meeting place and made our way to the car (we didn't have to pay for parking because we found a spot) and got out easily! It was a great start to Thanksgiving!!







Comments
Post a Comment
I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!