Decking the Halls


 We always wait until after Thanksgiving to put up the tree and this year we did it the Sunday after Thanksgiving. With how busy our life is, I feel like we need to get the decorations up this weekend or we may not get it done at all.
 Sadly, I didn't get my villages up this year but I've decided I'm going to do them next year. I feel like if I don't do it over Thanksgiving, I don't do it. Last year I didn't because we had a new puppy but that new puppy is pretty good now so I can't use him as an excuse. I was just too tired...
 I did do my tree in the front room window but the tree in the family room is all the kids. I put the lights on it, Jeff does Andrew's angel and the kids put up all the ornaments. It's so fun watching them go to work while Jeffy and I sit back sipping drinks and watching them with nice Christmas music in the background! We laugh and have lots of memories in those ornaments (and of course Andrew's angel which tops our tree).




 This year there was a casualty... My "Most Injured" Christmas bulb from my tennis days back in high school broke! Poor Z did it and he was in a bad mood after (even though I didn't mind).  Amazing it lasted over 20 years. I was sad to see it go but these sorts of things happen. I now have a picture to remember it!
 Marty did come out of his crate to hang with us (his favorite place is next to us with his head laying on our legs. He was so good and hasn't messed with any of our ornaments. We are so lucky to have such an awesome family!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!