Joe's Last Band Concert of 6th Grade



How is it a year has gone by?? It feels like Joe was picking up his trumpet for the first time just yesterday.  To be honest, we heard it a lot more in the fall and the novelty seems to be fading a bit but he's decided to stick with it. He gets frustrated at times with his teachers saying a new teacher teaches things differently than the first teacher and his piano teacher do but I've told him that's actually a good thing... means his brain is taking in new ways to learn things!
For his concert of course I dropped Al at dance (with Seany and Z) and me Jeff, Nana and Papa at the concert.  We sat in the balcony again and I got one video HERE. I didn't bring my good camera (sob) but I guess as far as pictures go, he looks pretty similar to the way he did in the fall.
We also got to hear the 7th grade band and see how much they have grown.  I was thinking how it's kind of a bummer that Al has chosen viola... It would have been kind of neat to hear them both in the same concert but then again it will be cool to get a glimpse into the orchestra too!
 Joe was being Joe Cool and when asked if he wants to keep doing trumpet, he answered in the two words he usually uses when asked a question... "I guess." So, we get to keep hearing trumpet (along with piano and guitar) from our music man for at least one more year! YEAH!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!