My Life as a Dance Mom



Well the Dance Season is starting up here soon and I'm learning what it's like to be a dance mom.  I've watched videos on how to do the hair and make-up (the expectations are different at this level than they were at her last level) and had to BUY a lot of makeup since I don't wear all that much myself.

I also participated in stoning day!

My friends got a kick out of me talking about how I'd be "stoning."  Basically what it is, is all the girls who are on the team have to have a family member stone for them.  It was mostly moms (of course) and what we had to do was stone costumes one by one until they were all done.  I stoned costumes from 9-5 and only took about 10 minutes for lunch and didn't go to the bathroom all day (it's the teacher in me)!!  Basically we were assigned a costume and we stoned until we were done.  I actually got to work on Ali's tap group's costume and then I did one other costume that I worked on with another mom because there were 960 stones on that costume alone.

We worked in two of the rooms while the girls danced all day.  It was cold in there (and it was a mild day!) because we had the doors propped open to help with the fumes.  E6000 is AMAZING but it is stinky!  It wasn't too bad in there.  It was very tedious though and my back was killing me.  I'm glad I don't do this sort of thing for a living!

How we worked was we had a toothpick and you'd dip that in a small amount of glue, touch one stone, and place it where it needed to go, press and repeat.  The good news is the costumes are DONE and Ali's needed little regular alterations and fixing which was nice (for my mom since I don't sew).

Looking forward to seeing my dancer on stage and being able to say, "Wow!  Those costumes look great!" ;-)

Comments

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!