Thanksgiving with the Dorans


Our plan was to go to Saginaw the Saturday before Thanksgiving to celebrate with the Dorans (since this is a "Drapal" year). Our plans changed because on Saturday we got hammered with 15 and a half inches of snow!
So instead of going on Saturday, we headed out on Sunday. The kids (and dog) ran quite a bit and got good and tired.  Sean even slept in the car on the drive north which was nice.
It was great to see Grandma and catch up (even though the boys and I had a nice visit with her a couple weeks ago).  Jim, Trish and the girls came too (JD was out of state on a mission trip).  It was great seeing them and sharing a WONDERFUL meal around the table.
The kids were right next to us at their own table and I think they loved that very much!  It was fun eavesdropping on their silly conversations now and then.  I am thankful for kiddos that get along so well!
 Joe also spent some time serenading all of us with his Trumpet abilities (kind of nice to have an instrument that travels and doesn't need to be plugged into an amp!).  They were all very impressed and Joe played so long his lips hurt (I only thought to take a pic after he was putting his stuff away).
One thing we love to do at Grandma's is play games and she taught the kids how to play a form of slap jack or maybe war... I just popped in to take a quick picture and didn't see quite what they were playing.

 But I have to say that since our visit, Seany has been all about the cards and he is SO much fun to play with.  Sometimes we play "Slap 2" or "Slap 8" whatever he wants to make it prior to starting a new game.  His game is a cross between slap jack and war (it's really just war, but we slap cards occasionally).  He's also a big cheerleader if he is winning so you don't get sad.  He's such a sweetie!
While quiet cards were going on in the kitchen, THIS is what the living room looked like!  There were lots of things flying in the air and then the occasional wrestling match or kid sandwich!  Never a dull day in the life of the Dorans~ but I wouldn't have it any other way.  Much to be Thankful for!

Comments

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!