Heart Attack!


 So Valentine's Day landed on a Saturday this year (I can't remember the last time it did).  I was SHOCKED when I got flowers at work.  I literally thought that perhaps it was from the kids (students) or something because I didn't think it would be from Jeffy- I'm a stickler about spending money- but he surprised me and what a wonderful surprise it was!  12 beautiful red roses!!
He's been out of sorts lately, just negative- It may be that time of year.  We had a good talk about keeping things in perspective- seeing the positive in even the crummy times.  It really was a great conversation and one I know we've had before because he tends to go to the worst possible place.  His card seemed fitting and perfect!  It didn't just change my day, but he's been feeling much less stressed too (could be because we've had some time off work).
I kept up my tradition of giving everyone a heart-attack!  I think I have as much fun doing it as they have getting it.  What I do is just write little messages on hearts about SPECIFIC things that I love about them.  I type them out on the computer first to keep everything straight, but each person got 20 hearts!
I didn't get the balloons this year.  Jeffy went out with old guy friends Friday night (it was funny- when I asked him about how it went he said everyone just commented on his hair... he still has a lot of it and it's not gray- though I find gray incredibly attractive and it is coming in on his facial hair mostly) so I had to get home fast so he could leave and couldn't really bring the kiddos out with me for something like that.
The heart attack was still a hit, even without the balloons!  And this year- I got a little love note back!  Made my day!!  Felt very loved!

Comments

  1. That was a nice surprise. I was just reading that the best surprise is sending them to work and I agree! I love how you celebrate Valentine's Day at your house.....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!