The (not-so) Joys of Being Busy
Life is busy.
Busier than I remember!
Thankfully I have had (and will have) the help from parent friends this week as we try to get all the kids to different places. I don't feel that our kids are in a lot of activities... it's just that we have a lot of kids!
I think I first felt this last week when Jeff had conferences and I was solo (with a little help from my dad). This is what my day looked like:
Leave school immediately (a bit after 4).
Drive home and throw Al's hair in a bun so my dad can take her to dance.
Get boys in car and leave.
Drop Joe off at Piano.
Hit McDonald's Drive-thru for Littles.
Back to Piano- give Littles food to eat in car.
Joe gets in car.
Drive to fields to drop Z off at game.
Watch him run to dugout to be sure he makes it (my dad is en-route to see him).
Leave to get Ali (complete other side of town... over half hour drive).
Pick Ali up at dance.
Hit Taco Bell Drive-thru for the Bigs (yes... 2 fast food places in one night- and TACOS=MESSY!).
Drive back to Z's fields.
Watch two innings.
Back in car to go home.
Homework.
Showers.
Books.
Bed.
Wine......
I looked at the clock when I got back to Z's game and it said 7:14! More than 3 hours in the car!!
Thankfully when Joe had a piano party rehearsal this week, a friend took him so we could watch Ali's game.
When Z had practice (in the opposite direction of where the Bigs were having games) a friend offered to take him so I could watch some of the games.
This Saturday when our boys have two ball games (that they will be missing) and a piano recital, a friend has offered to take Ali to her three dance pictures before Z's birthday party.
Yes. I am CrAzY!
But... My heart was sad on Wednesday. I walked between Al and Joe's games but missed much of Joe's because it started later and I needed to get back to get Z. Joe has been 'spooked' since getting beaned in the head last season. He's made progress (got two hits in the first game), but we still see that hesitation~ a little duck- possibly accompanied by a prayer that he doesn't get hit!
So on my way to get Z, we get a call... Joe had a great hit! No hesitation- clean and solid!
I missed it.
I was sad, but so happy for him.
We got home (it was silly to go back with the game ending soon- and it was raining).
Another call.
Another great hit! Right up the middle! RBI!
I missed it!
I was sad, but so happy for him.
My boy got the game ball!!!
I MISSED IT!!
He was grinning ear to ear! Perhaps the ball is out of his head now. Perhaps he's thinking he's going to hit that ball (instead of the other way around). Whatever happened... it worked!
I'm so happy for him!!!
But so sad I missed it!
Hoping I get to see my changed boy and get a front row seat to cheer him soon. And maybe stay in that seat!
The (not-so) joys of being busy!
So proud of you Joey!!! Love you!!!
What a schedule you have. Sorry you missed Joe's hits....WAY TO GO JOE! You certainly have to work your days out down to the minute. So glad you have the help of your parents. Happy Mother's Day to you!
ReplyDelete