Mother's Day
I'll admit it... I think I have a problem with Mother's Day. It's not one of those things that I can put my finger on. I should enjoy the day... I love being a mom more than anything in this world and my mom is one of my best friends! Still, I wake up most Mother's Days feeling melancholy and this year was no different. I wrote another post about it on my Pause blog that you can see by clicking HERE.
Sean is one of the reasons I think my Mother's Day was tough. Sure I was thinking about Andrew and E and all my friends who have a difficult time with this day but Sean snaps me out of that and just makes me exhausted sometimes. He can be the absolute sweetest kiddo and then in two seconds turn just horrible. With Jeff leading worship (I feel like he always leads or plays on Mother's Day and my birthday), I was solo and I was exhausted. I think I woke up exhausted that day.
I shouldn't complain though... clearly I have much to be thankful for. My favorite gift was Z's World's Greatest Mom poster that he made me. Some of my friends saw it and commented on the beautiful lashes that he drew me. He got me spot on though! I weigh 50lbs... I have brown hair... I love lemonade and Judge Judy... The thing I like best is having a nap and what I like least is cleaning up his messes. He knew that I teach first graders and am about the size of a kangaroo. I love onions and shopping at Costco too! Seeing myself through his eyes made me smile and pulled me out of my funk!
Of course I wouldn't be a mom at all if it weren't for this guy! I know that Jeff felt badly about how my morning went and my afternoon was much better. He grilled and got my mom and I the salad I was craving. He dealt with Seany and I just sat and sipped some wine. It was a beautiful sunny day!
Happy Mothering Day!




Love the way Z see's you! Glad you day got better.
ReplyDelete