12 Inches!


 I don't know when it started... Perhaps me being too cheap to color my hair, then too cheap to cut it... Perhaps the ease or throwing it in a pony or that Jeff liked it...
For whatever the reason, I let my locks grow.  Usually I am a girl who prefers short hair, but after my hair got longer than it's 'usual' I decided to let it grow and then do something with it.
So many in Jeff's family have had cancer (his dad, mom, sister-in-law).  My dad recently was treated for Prostate Cancer (though he had radiation without chemo). Then there is my friend whose sweet baby was just diagnosed with a rare form of cancer and another friend whose daughter was diagnosed with alopecia (a condition where someone loses their hair).  I have never liked my hair.  In fact, if I could change one thing about myself, it would be my hair... but looking around me, I realized that I needed to be thankful for what I have.  I am blessed and it was time to share that blessing.
On Sunday I did it!  I went to see my friend Diane at her Salon.  She put my hair in a pony and cut it off.  It was amazing.  I know that my thin, fine hair will probably need to be added to many other ponies to make a wig for someone, but every little bit helps and it felt good to do something~ even something as simple as donating a ponytail.
And so now I am enjoying having my short hair again but it is growing as we speak and in a year or two will go again to someone in need.  Until then, I'l give my blood, and my prayers to those in need and count my blessings (which are many).

Comments

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving one!

Popular posts from this blog

So tired...

Saying Goodbye...

It's the Honest Scrap!